Asian students interested in pursuing a full-time degree program at our Anchor Universities are eligible for the Asian Future Leaders Scholarship Program (AFLSP). Each Anchor University operates its own independent selection process for the AFLSP. Interested students may review each university’s program offerings here and contact the university’s relevant office or program administrator directly to express their interest and/or apply for admission. The AFLSP offers successful candidates up to US$25,000 per year or a maximum of US$50,000.
Both prospective and existing Asian students of our Participating Universities (PU) from Mainland China, Hong Kong SAR, Macao SAR, Taiwan, Japan, and Korea are eligible for the AFLSP. As BXAI operates a joint selection process with its PUs, interested students should: (1) apply for admission directly with the university (prospective students only), and (2) complete the BXAI application form on our website (both prospective and existing students). The awarding of an AFLSP scholarship is conditional upon the candidate’s acceptance by and subsequent enrollment at one of the PUs, as well as his/her commitment to attending the BXAI Summer Program. Successful candidates are awarded up to US$25,000 per year or a maximum of US$50,000.
English language proficiency:
The official language of the BXAI Summer Program, a mandatory component of the AFLSP, is English. As such, applicants should be fully conversant and have a firm grasp of the English language. Each applicant’s English skills are considered during the selection process, though the required level may differ depending on the university and program he/she applies for.
Upon acceptance of the AFLSP scholarship offer, students are required to sign the student commitment letter and adhere to the following conditions:
- Participate in the BXAI Summer Program – All scholars are required to participate in the annual three-week BXAI Summer Program, which is held in August.
- Remain enrolled at the relevant Anchor or Participating University and degree program as a full-time student for the duration of their studies under the AFLSP. No unexplained absences of leave are accepted, unless otherwise disclosed to and agreed upon with the university and BXAI.
- Disclose to BXAI and the relevant university if they are a recipient of any other scholarship or form of funding offered by a third party. In such an event, BXAI reserves the right to review the scholarship offer on a case-by-case basis.
BXAI’s selection process seeks to identify promising students who exemplify academic excellence, leadership potential, integrity and character, and a keen interest in understanding other cultures and perspectives. Though we consider each applicant on the basis of his/her unique qualities, talents, and attainments, our selection criteria generally encompass:
- Intellectual curiosity
- Fair-mindedness, respect for honor and truth
- Awareness of risks, willingness to embrace challenges in a responsible manner
Propensity for international and intercultural understanding
- Ability to engage and lead with mutual respect for differences
- Ability to listen and value another person’s opinions and experiences
- Ability to conduct reflective dialogues on both local and global issues
- Understanding of the world’s sustainability issues
- Appreciation of BXAI’s mission and vision
Compassion and commitment to service
- Keen interest and past participation in community service projects and activities
- Personal interactions that demonstrate compassion for others
- Commitment to the active pursuit of truth and peace within one’s own circle of influence
- Action plan for expanding one’s circle of influence and upholding BXAI’s core values