Want to realize your vision for change?
Start with the BAI XIAN ALUMNI INITIATIVE AWARD
The Bai Xian Alumni Initiative Award (AIA) invites Bai Xian Alumni to develop socially responsible action plans that address challenges faced by Asia’s communities, environments, and economies. Alumni from different campuses and regions are encouraged to work together in teams to produce plans in line with themes determined by BXAI. Launched in 2017, the AIA aims to inspire alumni and scholars to make a social impact.
For the 2019 AIA, BXAI wants your action plans that address one of the following areas:
(1) Community Integration
(2) Heritage Preservation
(3) Social Innovation
The winning team will receive:
- A cash prize of US$2,500 for the whole team; and
- Seed funding of up to US $15,000 to be disbursed in stages subject to the proposed budget and project progress
Guidelines and Criteria:
- 3 to 6 members
- Team leader must be a BXAI Summer Program alumnus
- At least 50% of the team members must be BXAI Summer Program alumni
- Two mentors: one academic mentor and one professional mentor (e.g. practitioner, NGO executive, business professional)
- Registered operating businesses applying for the AIA must not be more than 12 months old (based on registration date) by the December 31, 2018 AIA application deadline
Action Plan Format:
- Proposal must include a clear execution plan and action timeline that spans up to 12 months
- 31 December, 2018: Submission of initial proposal and application form
- 28 February, 2019: Submission of draft project plan and preliminary budget
- 31 May, 2019: Submission of final project plan and revised budget
Points to Consider:
- Be realistic
- Form teams that match project needs with members’ skills and talents
- Ensure your project plan is clear and concise
- Consider your personal capacity and time commitment
- Be accountable for your proposed deliverables
- Be aware of the added complexity of collaborating with people in different cities
- Teams are encouraged to connect or partner with NGOs, universities, or on-the-ground practitioners
If you need help connecting with other AFLSP Scholars or BX Alumni to form a team, please share your idea on the BXAI AIA Idea Pool [click] so that those interested in joining your team may get in touch with you.
Submit your online AIA application form here [click]
To learn more please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All the best!