Are you passionate about impacting social change?
Do you have an initiative you want to kick start?
Submit your entry for the 2018 Bai Xian Alumni Initiative Award, and embark on the exciting journey that could take your idea towards reality!
The Bai Xian Alumni Initiative Award is set up to encourage and support our alumni to develop socially responsible action plans meant to address the critical challenges faced by Asia’s communities, environments, and economies.
This year, the AIA is asking for action plans that address the following themes:(1) Environment and Sustainability(2) Social Innovation
The winning team will receive:
- A cash prize of US$2,500; and
- Seed funding of up to US $15,000 to be given only upon project execution, and in stages as determined by the proposed budget and project progress
Guidelines and Criteria:
- Team size of 3-6 persons
- Team Leader must be an AFLSP Scholar
- At least 50% of the team members must have completed the BXAI Summer Program
- Each team will need to identify for itself 1 academic mentor and 1 professional mentor (i.e. practitioner, NGO or business professional)
- Connection/partnership with NGOs/universities/on-the-ground practitioners is encouraged
- Cross-campus cooperation and teams comprising members from more than one of our partner universities are encouraged
- 31 December, 2017: Submission of initial proposal and online application form [click]
- 28 February, 2018: Submission of draft project plan and preliminary budget
- 31 May, 2018: Submission of final project plan and revised budget
- 15 June, 2018: Announcement of finalists
- August 2018: Finalists’ presentation of action plans at the BXAI Summer Program to be held at Peking University
Points to Consider:
- Your personal capacity and time commitment
- Matching project needs with and team member’s unique skills and talents
- Time management
- Concise and clear project planning
- Difficulty in collaborating across different cities
- Accountability for proposed deliverables
- Reality vs. ideals
Submit your online AIA application form here [click]
To learn more please contact Agnes Yeung at Agnes_YEUNG@bxai.org
All the best!