The University of Tokyo is a Participating University under BXAI’s Asian Future Leaders Scholarship Program (AFLSP). AFLSP scholarship places are offered to prospective students for selected master’s degree programs only.
About The University of Tokyo:
The University of Tokyo (UTokyo) was established in 1877 as the first national university in Japan. A leading research university, UTokyo offers courses in essentially all academic disciplines at both undergraduate and graduate levels and conducts research across the full spectrum of academic activity. UTokyo has 10 faculties and 15 graduate schools that encompass numerous areas of study including arts and sciences, economics, engineering, agricultural and life sciences, frontier sciences, and public policy, to name a few. The university includes three core campuses and is home to over 27,000 undergraduate and graduate students, of which almost 3,000 are international.
The AFLSP covers the following master’s degree programs:
- International Program in Economics, Graduate School of Economics
- Graduate Program on Environmental Sciences, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
- Graduate Program on Global Society, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
- Graduate Program for International Students, Graduate School of Sciences
- Graduate Program for International Students of Urban Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering
- Special Graduate Program in Resilience Engineering-Nuclear Engineering and Management Course, Graduate School of Engineering
- Special Graduate Program in Resilience Engineering-Systems Innovation Course, Graduate School of Engineering
- International Graduate Program in the Field of Civil Engineering and Infrastructure Studies, Graduate School of Engineering
- Architecture and Urban Design Program, Graduate School of Engineering
- International Bioengineering Program, Graduate School of Engineering
- International Technology Management Program in the Department of Technology Management for Innovation (TMI), Graduate School of Engineering
- International Multidisciplinary Engineering Graduate Program, Graduate School of Engineering
- International Program in Agricultural Development Studies, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences
- Department of Integrated Biosciences, Master Course, Graduate School of Frontier Sciences
- Department of Natural Environmental Studies, Master Course, Graduate School of Frontier Sciences
- Department of Ocean Technology, Policy and Environment, Master Course, Graduate School of Frontier Sciences
- Graduate Program in Sustainability Science-Global Leadership Initiative, Master Course, Graduate School of Frontier Sciences
- International Master’s/Doctoral Degree Program: Information, Technology, and Society in Asia (ITASIA), Graduate School of Interdisciplinary Information Studies
- Master of Public Policy, International Program (MPP/IP), Graduate School of Public Policy
Application and Enquiries:
BXAI operates a joint selection process with its Participating Universities, which includes the University of Tokyo. To express your interest in applying for a scholarship, please: (1) apply for admission directly with the university, and (2) complete the BXAI application form on our website.
*If you were given an application number at the entrance examination, please use that number as the PU Application Number for your scholarship application form. Otherwise, please use 0000.